The Consular Section of the Embassy of Republic of Iraq in Washington, DC certifies commercial power of attorney documents (given for business and commercial purpose) in addition to all commercial documents – excluding Certificates of Origin and Commercial invoices – issued from commercial authorities, institutions, companies, and entities in States that fall under its jurisdiction – Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia. For states that fall outside the jurisdiction of the Consular Section in Washington, DC please contact the Consulate that is responsible for your area for specific instructions and guidelines on certifying commercial documents.
All parties must committed to the regulation that have been agreed upon the written contracts.
Please refer to the Iraqi Commercial Office website for specific instructions regarding Certificates of Origin and Commercial Invoices.
- Complete the Certification of Commercial Documents Form
- Documents must be notarized by a Notary Public and authenticated from the office of the Secretary of State.
- Documents must then be certified by the US Department of State, Office of Authentications, in Washington DC.
- Photocopies of all documents submitted with the originals.
- Consular fees of $160 (one-hundred and sixty US Dollars) per document to be paid in cash .
- No prior appointments are necessary, visit the Consular Section in Washington, DC Monday through Friday between 10am and 2pm (except US Federal Holidays and Consulate closings).
- Please allow 5 business days for documents to be processed.
- Documents can also be sent via registered mail with an addressed pre-paid return envelope with sufficient postage, clearly showing sender’s name – Express, Priority, and FedEx is preferred.
- Please be advice the Embassy will be only dealing with the following mailing Carrier USPS priority express, UPS.
- The embassy is not responsible for any loss or damage due to any mishandling by delivery services.
Iraqi Commercial Office
1801 P Street, NW Suite 12
Washington, DC 20036