The Embassy of the Republic of Iraq’s “The Embassy” websites and social media sites are maintained by the Public Relations Office of the Iraq Embassy in Washington, DC. Links to other Internet sites are not an endorsement by the Government of Iraq of the views contained therein. By accessing these sites, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
The materials on The Embassy’s website and social media sites are provided “as is.” The Embassy makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Furthermore, The Embassy does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its websites or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to these sites.
Social Networking Policy
Fostering mutual and positive respect is a goal of The Embassy. The Embassy retains the right to delete posted comments that contain vulgar or abusive language, pornography, personal attacks of any kind, offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups, or incite violence. The Embassy will delete comments that are spam, are clearly “off topic” or that promote services or products. Comments that make unsupported accusations will also be deleted.
By using The Embassy’s social media sites, you agree that:
- The use of vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
- The discussion forum is not open to comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office or promoting or opposing any ballot proposition.
- The Embassy’s social media sites are not open to the promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- The Embassy strives to provide accurate and complete information. However, The Embassy cannot guarantee that there will be no errors.
You agree to not to:
- Post or make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- collect or store personal data about other users;
- impersonate any person or entity;
- disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the site;
- post or make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- post or make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- post or make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the site or servers or networks connected to the site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the site.
You acknowledge that The Embassy shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to edit, delete, refuse or move any Content that is available via its websites and social media sites. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that The Embassy may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Embassy, and its affiliates, officers, agents, grantees or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ and court fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the site, your use of the site, your connection to the site, your violation of the TOU, or your violation of any rights of another.
In no event shall The Embassy or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Embassy’s websites and social media sites, even if The Embassy or an authorized representative of The Embassy been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on The Embassy’s websites and social media sites could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Embassy does not warrant that any of the materials on these sites are accurate, complete, or current. The Embassy may make changes to the materials contained on its websites and social media sites at any time without notice.
Participation in The Embassy's social media sites is voluntary. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your login. You are solely responsible for the safety of your hardware, software and data in connection with usage of The Embassy’s websites and social networking sites.